How do I get started?
Contact me! Even if you are unsure about counseling, wherever you are, I’d love to hear from you. I’ll do my best to respond to you within 48 hours to schedule a free 20-minute consultation.
How will we hold sessions?
At times, meeting with a counselor face to face is simply not feasible. However, with the increase in global internet access, even in remote places, live sessions can be done via video conferencing.
Contact me and we can discuss what video conferencing options would work for our sessions.
How do you ensure confidentiality?
I understand that your health is personal and am committed to protecting your information. As a professional mental health therapist, I am forbidden by law to disclose any of your information without your written permission.
However, the following exceptions apply:
- If a client is abusing a child, dependent adult, or developmentally disabled person, I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities.
- If a client is threatening harm to another, I must notify the police and intended victim.
- If a client intends to self-harm, I will work with them to ensure their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures such as contacting their emergency contact, host agency, or embassy.
I will never record any audio or video client sessions. All client documents are secured in AES-256 encrypted folders.
What should I expect?
If after the complementary consultation you wish to participate in therapy, we will have a 90 minute intake where you share your story, needs, concerns, as well as your strengths and natural supports. Your sessions will include the following components:
- Client Intake Assessment – I will present a number of questions to help you share your story and identify your needs and concerns. You are free to decline answering any of the questions.
- Crisis Plan – If you are struggling with severe depression or anxiety, I will assist you in developing a crisis plan in case an emergency arises.
- Assessments – Depending on your situation, I may suggest that you take a few mental health assessments to help better understand your needs.
- Treatment Plan – We will begin working together to develop an initial three-month treatment plan which identifies your goals and potential tools or an action plan to reach those goals.
- Wellness Action Plan – During the course of our sessions, we will also create a personalized plan for long-term self-care.
How often and how long should I commit to counseling?
I usually recommend weekly sessions for the first 3 months. However, you are free to determine how often you would like to schedule sessions. We will regularly reevaluate your goals and progress every month, but you have the right to terminate or take a break from counseling for whatever reason whenever you want.
What is your fee and how do you process payment?
20-minute initial consultation – FREE
90-minute intake assessment – $125
55-minute individual/couples counseling session – $100
Remote Access Mental Health currently uses PayPal a free, fast, and easy payment service.
Payment must be made in full at the end of each session. Often times, your insurance provider, medical plan, or sponsoring agency can reimburse or subsidize the cost of your counseling. Please make arrangements with them directly. You are responsible for obtaining and submitting any required paperwork. I will gladly fill out any part of the forms that is necessary.
If you do not have mental health benefits, please do not let that prevent you from setting up a FREE 20-minute consultation where we can discuss options and come up with a payment plan that works for you. Your well-being is too important to neglect due to budget constraints.
How do I schedule appointments?
Contact me and provide your Skype number and at least 3 time frames that work for you. I’ll e-mail you back to confirm an appointment. Please be sure to use US Pacific Time (Seattle, WA). You can use this World Meeting Planner link for easy time zone conversion.